The Vanguard equipment set is a set of armor that is usually used in both PvP and PvM. It has stats comparable to Torva equipment. The Vanguard equipment set effect is 10% extra damage everywhere outside the Wilderness and 5% extra damage when used in the Wilderness. This armor is most effective when being used for Ranged or Melee.
Vanguard equipment parts can be obtained by playing Soul Wars Castle Wars, and Fight Pits minigames. The helmet and gloves can be obtained by playing the Castle Wars minigame. The body and the legs can be obtained by playing Soul Wars. Finally, the boots can be bought from the Fight Pits shop.
- Helmet: 65 Tickets (Castle Wars)
- Body: 70 Zeal (Soul Wars)
- Legs: 70 Zeal (Soul Wars)
- Boots: 120 Points (Fight Pits)
- Gloves: 45 Tickets (Castle Wars)
- It is more sought after than Torva equipment due to the difficulty to obtain it.
- It became untradable 21/6/13 (6/21/13)
- Has extremely close stats to comparable gear such as Torva and Pernix.
- The Vanguard armour set only gives a 5% boost in PvP activities.
- It has been tested and proven that Splitbark can overpower Vanguard when fought.
- Vanguard armour is lost on death in the wilderness by members and non-members.
- Vanguard is kept outside the wilderness by members.