|Examine text||It's a clue scroll.|
Clue scrolls are random rewards from killing monsters and reward random items. The player can only have one clue scroll at a time inside their inventory.
There are three different types of scrolls available to the player. The higher levels of scrolls have harder challenges ahead to the adventurer, but yield better rewards.
Clue scrolls offer categorized challenges which vary between:
- Maps (a crude drawing of a map area surrounding a dig location; spade required)
- Coordinates (digits that identify longitudinal and latitudinal world map coordinates of a dig spot; spade required)
- Riddles (a riddle that hints off the whereabouts of the next location, and can vary between a dig spot [spade required] or an NPC)
- Anagrams (scrambled letters of the name of the target NPC)
- Challenges (Once directed to the target NPC, a trivial question will be given; player will to the NPC and will be prompted to type in the correct answer; unlimited attempts to answer)
Tiers of Clue Scrolls
- Sometimes when you recieve a clue, you won't be able to read it.
- Speak to William doesn't work (the anagram one does)
- For co-ordinate clues, sometimes the sextant is broken.
- After correctly answering a Challenge question, if the player backs out of the chatbox dialogue with the target NPC before being given back their clue scroll at the end of the dialogue, the player will not be given back their clue scroll.
- Ring of wealth does NOT affect what loots you get.
- Puzzle boxes are no longer included in the process of completing a clue scroll in response to a glitch regarding the impossibility of solving puzzle boxes.